What is usability
Is your web site usable? There are several definitions for usability, but basically the following 4 characteristics can be considered usable:
* Quick and easy to learn;
* Efficient to use;
* Allows rapid recovery from errors;
* Easy to remember;
Does your product or web site have the above characteristics? Usability increases benefits for both parties: the User (potential customers) and the Provider (yourself).
Users benefits from usability
* Users are satisfied, not frustrated, with the product or web site;
* They enjoy interacting with the web site or product;
* They achieve their goals effectively and efficiently;
* They cultivate confidence and trust in the product or web site.
If your users are satisfied, they will become loyal, and may even recommend your product or service to others.
Providers benefits from usability
As a provider, you may benefit from usability in many ways, including:
* Reduced development time and costs;
* Reduced support costs;
* Reduced user errors;
* Reduced training time and costs;
* Return on Investment.
Misconceptions about usability