- Ajax VNC – Clientless VNC solution in the web’s favorite programming language.
- Apple Remote Desktop – Apple’s jumped on the remote desktop bandwagon with this great VNC server built right into OS X.
- Chicken of the VNC – One of the most popular VNC clients for OS X under the GPL.
- DirectVNC – UNIX client using the framebuffer device via DirectFB.
- FVNC – Great VNC client written in Flash. That’s right, Flash.
- MetaVNC – This unique client/server package merges the host and remote desktops together into one Windows or Linux desktop.
- .NET VNC Viewer – C# viewer that works with Windows and Windows Mobile/CE devices.
- PowerVNC – Java-based client with support for SSH and SFTP.
- RealVNC – Server/client from the original VNC developers.
- sVNC – The perfect tool for offering remote assistance to Mac users, since there’s barely any configuring required.
- SymVNC – Symbian phone client for connecting to your PC.
- TightVNC – Popular VNC server/client with nice Java applet.
- TurboVNC – TightVNC spinoff with great support for 3D apps.
- UltraVNC – Wildly popular client/server app with file transfer, video drivers, chat, and much more.
- Vine Server – OS X server with clipboard sharing, port changing, and a universal binary.
- VncViewer for 8086 – Got an old IBM running FreeDOS or DOS? Put it to work with this VNC client.
- VNCViewer for PocketPC – Client for, you guessed it, PocketPC users.
- x11vnc – Unlike most other VNC servers for UNIX and Linux, this server lets you share your current desktop session (instead of a separate session).
- FreeNX – Open source server using the libraries from NoMachine.
- NoMachine NX Client – Free client to connect to NX machines.
- NoMachine NX Free Edition – NX server for UNIX/Linux.
- NoMachine NX Enterprise Desktop – Server that includes everything that the free edition has, but with unlimited users (unlike the free version’s two).
- NoMachine NX Small Business Server – NX server targeting small businesses.
- NoMachine NX Enterprise Server – NX Server with unlimited users and unlimited connections.
- NoMachine NX Advanced Server Subscription – Everything that the Enterprise server has, plus multi-node capabilities.
Remote Desktop Protocol
- CoRD – Remote desktop client for Mac OS X users.
- grdestkop – Gnome wrapper for the rdesktop application.
- krdesktop – rdesktop frontend written in KDE.
- properJavaRDP – Cross-platform Java client based on rdesktop.
- rdesktop – Extremely powerful command-line client for UNIX/Linux.
- Remote Desktop – Microsoft’s official server, for XP Pro and Vista.
- xrdp – Serves an X window session to incoming Windows clients.
- Connection Manager – VNC, RDP, and Telnet manager for UNIX/Linux distros.
- KDE Desktop Sharing – The official KDE VNC server package.
- KDE Remote Desktop Connection – The official KDE client for RDP and VNC.
- Kurd – Great rdesktop/vncviewer frontend for KDE.
- mRemote – Manage VNC and RDP connections on Windows with this handy app.
- RDPMan – A little utility to manage RDP, VNC, and Telnet connections for Windows.
- CrossLoop – Easy-to-use remote access utility with file sharing and a multilingual interface.
- GoToMyPC – Extremely popular remote access program for ~$25/month.
- LogMeIn – Remote access app with a free and a pro ($12.95/month) version with file transfer, remote printing, and more.
- Unyte – Nice remote desktop server with a Java applet viewer and IM integration.