A detailed and well written post about how to write a well structured CSS file.
Rob Soule of Viget Labs shows you how to organize your style sheets using CSS Edit, a powerful CSS editor built exclusively for the mac.
A set of practical tips for organizing your style sheets.
Tabs and Buttons
A tutorial on creating expandable CSS tabs.
Learn how to create rounded corner buttons with only One Image and One CSS file.
Learn how to create a clean set of buttons with CSS and an icon set.
Working with Images
Decorate your images and photo galleries without editing the source images.
A simple technique for placing text over an image.
Learn how to create a cool resizing thumbnail effect.
- jQuery Web Site: How jQuery Works and Tutorials
- John Resig + Other Contributors
One of jQuery’s true strengths is the documentation provided by John Resig and his team.
- 51 Best jQuery Tutorials and Examples
- Learning jQuery
- Visual jQuery
- jQuery Tutorials For Designers
- jQuery For Designers
jQuery for Designers: learn how easy it is to apply web interaction using jQuery.
- 15 Days Of jQuery
jQuery tutorials and example code that takes you from zero to hero in no time flat.
- 15 Resources To Get You Started With jQuery From Scratch
- The Seven Rules Of Pragmatic Progressive Enhancement
- The Behaviour Layer Slides
- A List Apart: Behavioral Separation
A great set of slides about using jQuery unobtrusively. Also, finishes with a wonderful summary of jQuery methods and usage.
Further Reading: Semantic Markup
- Wikipedia: Definition of Semantics
It’s worth understanding the idea of semantics in general prior to trying to wrap one’s head around the concept of semantic markup.
- Who cares about semantic markup?
Dave Shea explores the benefits of semantic markup and
- Standards don’t necessarily have anything to do with being semantically correct
Kottke discusses the differences between standards compliance and semantic markup.
- CSS3 selector specification
The complete specification for CSS3 selectors (most of which work perfectly in jQuery selectors also). This is great reading for anyone who likes to keep up to date with best practices and standards compliance.